We know that getting around San Francisco is hard right now, with Muni cuts and with COVID. But the great news is that Muni is increasing service in January! Last year’s resumption of the J Church train, which can carry more riders than the substitution bus, freed up drivers and buses for other routes. Here are the increases that will take effect on Saturday, January 23rd:
- The T Third line will resume service, running from Sunnydale to Embarcadero.
- (The J Church began service last year. All other Metro lines are running as buses.)
- The eastern segment of the 22 Fillmore route is shifting to serve Mission Bay. (The new 55 Dogpatch—details below—will cover the 22’s previous route to Potrero Hill and Dogpatch.)
- The 27 Bryant will resume with a modified route, with service between the Mission and Russian Hill.
- The 33 Ashbury-18th Street will resume (full route).
- The 37 Corbett will go from a shortened route back to a full route.
- NEW ROUTE! The new 55 Dogpatch will be added between 16th and Mission and 20th and 3rd to replace the eastern segment of the 22 Fillmore.
- NEW ROUTE! The new 15 Bayview-Hunters Point Express will connect the city’s southeastern areas with downtown. Read more in this Examiner article.
Visit the SFMTA website for all the details.