We advocate for the policies, services, and supports needed to make San Francisco a diverse, compassionate, and welcoming place for all of us.
- We help individuals speak out in support of a truly aging and disability-friendly city.
- We monitor decisions at City Hall and make sure the voices of seniors and adults with disabilities are heard loud and clear.
- We build the power of community voices to shape key decisions being made by our elected officials and agencies.
- We also often work in coalitions to forge solutions to the large and complex challenges faced in creating an inclusive San Francisco where people of all ages and abilities can truly live “in community.”
Our current advocacy priorities are:
- Increasing employment opportunities for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Increasing funds within the City’s annual budget for services and supports.
- Ensuring that new funds in the Dignity Fund roll out as fast and effectively as possible in a way that supports equity, choice, independence, and dignity.
- Supporting local issues that neighborhood leaders bring forward.
Our advocacy helped pass the first-in-the-nation Dignity Fund in 2016 to ensure adequate services and support for seniors and people with disabilities. We also helped launch and now coordinate the SF Tech Council, a unique multi-sector effort to tackle digital inclusivity in San Francisco.
We also participate in several important avenues for shaping San Francisco policy:
- Long Term Care Coordinating Council
- The San Francisco Food Security Task Force
- The SF Department of Aging and Adult Services Advisory Group