We’ve updated our site to provide direct links to the most up-to-date guidance and resources from the SF Dept. of Health and CDC sites. Know that the Omicron version of the virus spreads quickly, so important to know when and where to get tested to keep yourself and those around you safe. Generally, vaccinated people should test 5 to 7 days after exposure. Which is good to know as the test sites are booking now a week out.
Other updated info from the CLC –
The CDC’s quarantine recommendations for anyone exposed to COVID-19 were also updated:
• Individuals who have been fully vaccinated and boosted do not need to quarantine after exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure.
• Those who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second MRNA dose, or two months from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, should quarantine for 5 days and wear a mask for another 5 days.
All who are exposed are recommended to get a test 5 days after exposure. Individuals who exhibit symptoms should quarantine and get tested.
The agency cited that most COVID-19 transmission happens 1 to 2 days before symptoms appear and the 2 to three days after.
CLC has also established policies and practices for its programs, including both staff and participants. These details can be viewed and shared with other organizations here. Some updates are planned in light of the rapid spread of the Omicron version of the virus.
General COVID Information and Guidance
- SF Department of Public Health COVID-19 Information and Guidance
- SFDPH Mask Guidance
- What Is Close Contact?
COVID Symptoms and Testing
- Get Tested for COVID-19
- CDC COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing Guidance
- CA Department of Public Health COVID Testing Guidance
- SFDPH Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
- CDC Information about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Tips for Helping the Vaccine-Hesitant
- Schedule a Free COVID-19 Vaccination
SFDPH COVID-19 Outreach Toolkit
- Vaccinations & Masks Required Indoors (Required for indoor activities with exercise or eating)
- Vaccinations & Masks Required for Staff (Required for indoor activities with exercise or eating)
- Masks Required for All (Required for anything indoors)
- Ventilation Checklist Poster (For anything indoors)
- Get Vaccinated SF! (Required for all settings and activities)
- SF is Open/Best Practices Flyer (Required for all settings and activities)
- How to Check Vaccination Status (reference)
The main city COVID information and assistance phone line remains and provides access in English, Chinese, Tagalog, Russian and other languages – (628) 652-2700.
San Francisco Testing Sites – click to access a map of sites near you.
San Francisco Vaccination Sites – click to see a list with hours, drive-thru and wheelchair access.
Partnerships with Pharmacies
- CVS Drug Stores are now scheduling appointments for testing and vaccines in local stores – click here to make an appointment
- Walgreen Drug Stores are now scheduling appointments for testing and vaccines in local stores – click here to make an appointment