Dr. Chodos Chats – Coronavirus and More (Virtual)
July 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Friday, repeating until Tue August 31, 2021
Senior Power hosts this free conference call/Zoom meeting to hear from Anna Chodos, M.D. Asst. Professor of Medicine, Dept of Geriatrics, UCSF. The first 30 minutes will be devoted to COVID (statistics review, mutants, hospitalizations, etc) and the second 30 minutes will expand to cover different topics. There will not be a Dr. Chodos chats on the 1st and last Friday of the month.
- July 16: Geriatrics as a medical specialty
- July 23: New therapies for COVID (i.e. GSK option for mild to moderate outpatient treatment “Sotrovimab”, the difference in administration, etc.) *possible substitute speaker
- August 13: New Alzheimer drug “Aducanumab”: what it is, how it works, effectiveness, comparison to other Alzheimer drugs
- August 20: Future of telehealth & other doctor/patient communication potentials.
- Sept 10: Visual changes in the elderly (floaters, detached retinas), what to expect & solutions
- Sept 17: Hearing changes in the elderly (loss, remedies, etc)
- Oct 8: Lessons learned from COVID by the medical community
- Oct 15: Recognizing & treating depression in the elderly
- Oct 22: Risk factors associated with depression & suicide in the elderly
- Nov 12: Distinguishing palliative care from hospice & when each is recommended
- Nov 19: Parkinson’s Disease prevalence & symptoms in the elderly
- Dec 10: Recognizing elder abuse
- Dec 17: Dangers of polypharmacy (overmedicating) the elderly
HOW TO JOIN THE EVENT:
To join by phone, dial 669-900-6833 or 646-558-8656.
Enter Meeting ID: 298 110 801# and then the password: 671492#
To join by video from a PC, Mac, Linux, IOS or Android device, Click this link: https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/298110801.
Password is: 671492.
The above link will work on your tablet or your computer. You’ll be prompted to download a Zoom app the first time you use Zoom. If you’re using a PC or Mac, you can join from your web browser without using the Zoom software.