Let’s Make Stuff with d’Arci: Looking at Clouds (Virtual)
Tue November 17, 2020 @ 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Join local artist d’Arci Bruno to learn the different techniques, tips, and materials you can use to get over your Nephophobia (Fear of Clouds) and learn to paint them like a BOSS!
In meteorology, a cloud is an aerosol ( a suspension of fine solid or liquid particles in gas ) consisting of a visible mass of minute liquid droplets, frozen crystals, or other particles suspended in the atmosphere of a planetary body or similar space. In artworks, they add interest , movement and atmosphere to a painting. Clouds are also a perfect way to add perspective and scale to your painting. Trying to paint clouds can be intimidating and hard to get right.
For this class you will need:
- Paint medium of your choice: Watercolor, acrylic, gouache. Colors: White, red, yellow, blue, black, etc.
- Cotton balls, rag, Q-tips, paper towels
- 2 jars of water
- Palette, plate or tray to mix paint colors in
- Drawing Paper, watercolor paper, pre-primed canvas wrapped board or other suitable painting surface
- Brushes: Fan brush, blending Brush, wash brush, filberts, brights or other brushes.
- Palette knives, fingers, other mark making tools
Full Class Outline: Let’s Make Stuff #11 – Looking at Clouds
Here are some links for further study:
Questions? Email d’Arci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join by phone, dial 888-475-4499 (toll free) or 669-900-6833 (local).
Enter Meeting ID: 865 6747 4200, then press # twice.
To join with video, click this link: https://zoom.us/j/86567474200 to register and join. Wait in the “waiting room” until the activity is ready to start.
To create a friendly environment and minimize interruptions, we will close the activity to new participants 15 minutes after the start time.
The above link will work on your tablet or your computer. You’ll be prompted to download a Zoom app the first time you use Zoom. If you’re using a PC or Mac, you can join from your web browser without using the Zoom software.