Come help us chart a new path for what it means to age in community in San Francisco. Join our efforts to ensure older adults and people with disabilities can age and thrive in their own homes and neighborhoods. We welcome you to read more about the following open positions and apply to join our team.
- Community-Connector-Cayuga and D11 Part Time Hourly
- Technology Courier & Basic Digital Skills Tutor, Part Time Hourly
Community Living Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the neighborhoods in which we work. Older adults, people with disabilities, Black and other people of color, LGBTQ+, and other candidates who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Courier & Basic Digital Skills Tutor
*This position will require a Background Check.
*Community Living Campaign will provide the individual with masks/shield, gloves, hand sanitizer.
*This position requires a safe, working car and that the driver provide proof of insurance. The individual will be covered by General and State-mandated Workers Compensation and Automobile Liability Insurance.
*A gas card of Federal rate of $0.575 for mileage compensation.
Where: Throughout San Francisco.
Part Time: Approximately 5 – 10 hours per week; stipend $20.00 hr. Generally Tuesdays – Fridays between 11am and 3pm, but can be flexible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *Training to be provided
The Technology Courier and Basic Tutor will assist the organization by delivering and doing initial setting up of PC’s or Mac’s in homes of older adults and adults with disabilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to enter people’s homes for up to 60 minutes with appropriate PPE
- Enjoy helping older adults and adults with disabilities and have the ability to:
- Set up computers, WIFI connection, Hot Spots, and printers
- Teach older adults how to turn on their computer, print, know how to check their WIFI connection
- Teach older adults how to set up and use an email and Google or other search bars
- Provide remote assistance if needed with support
- Weekly reports on activities
- Appreciate the diversity of San Francisco
- Comfortable, respectful and cheerful when meeting new people
- English proficient
- Clean driving record
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Able to lift 15 lbs.
- Comfortable carrying items up steps, on occasion
- COVID-19 safety protocols require wearing a mask, maintaining social distance of AT LEAST 6 feet distance between any contacts, and frequent hand sanitizing between deliveries.
- Pass a simple background check paid for by the employer
Also Desirable, but not required: Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin speaker