Position Available: Transportation Ambassador, Potrero Hill
Community Living Campaign, a non-profit organization serves the needs of seniors and people with disabilities, is looking for a Transportation Ambassador. As a part of the CLC team, you will be involved in creating meaningful connections and supporting the Potrero Hill community by facilitating access to food, healthcare, safe outdoor activities through transportation access. Learn more about Community Living Campaign at https://sfcommunityliving.org/.
This position will be part of the SF ReServe program, which helps adults 60+ and 18+ living with a disability find meaningful part-time employment in their communities. This will be a remote position until further notice.
Part Time: 10 hrs./week; $20.00/ hr.
The Potrero Hill Transportation Ambassador will help older adults and people with disabilities living in Potrero Hill access free and low-cost transportation options. The work will be conducted remotely (via phone, email, and video conferencing) during the COVID-19 pandemic. Training will be provided to bring the hired individual up to speed on current transportation options and eligibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through telephone conversations, help older adults and people with disabilities living in Potrero Hill navigate the many transportation service options available, such as Paratransit, the Essential Trip Card program, Lyft vouchers, and other services
- Work with residents to complete applications for transportation services and benefits that require enrollment (SF Paratransit programs, Senior Clipper Card or RTC card, Free Muni, etc.)
- Keep record of transportation challenges faced by residents
- Complete other basic data collection and record keeping
- Work with Transportation Outreach Coordinator and Data Entry team members to assure assistance is provided in a timely manner and as seamlessly as possible for residents
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comfortable with remote communication, especially interacting via phone
- Interest in learning about current transportation options for older adults and individuals with disabilities in San Francisco (Individual will receive in-depth training)
- Experience working with older adults and adults with disabilities
- Familiarity with the Potrero Hill Neighborhood
- Ability to handle difficult situations with patience and good judgement
- Proven skills and capability interacting with diverse groups of people in an organized, sensitive, caring and understanding manner
- Ability to spot trends and provide insights to improve the initiative and outcomes for residents
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office, email, and data entry (support training will be available as required for the success of the program )
COMPENSATION AND HOW TO APPLY
The Community Living Campaign is seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. This is part-time employee position starting with 10 hours per week. The position pays $20 per hour. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Hiring Committee, Community Living Campaign, 1663 Mission Street, Suite 525, San Francisco, CA 94103.