Supporting Older Adult and Disability Employment During the Pandemic
Keeping ReServists Employed: We have reached out to Partner organizations individually to transition their ReServists to remote work. For ReServists who are unable to work from home for their current Partner placement, we are offering opportunities to brush up on remote-work skills, as well as ongoing support, including lending out laptops to those needing help getting online..
Providing Ongoing Learning and One-on-One Support: Reservists and applicants can continue to develop skills and prepare for the rapidly changing workplace. We encourage participants to take advantage of virtual workshops, send out resource and job listing updates, and offer one-on-one assistance as needed.
- Blog Post: Financial Security: Food, Employment, and Access to Technology
- Virtual Workshop: Dealing with Change, June 1, 1-2pm
- Virtual Technology Help Desk, weekly on Tuesdays (2:30-3:30pm) and Fridays (11am-1pm)
Building New Job Opportunities: We are hard at work with our partners developing additional job opportunities where older adults and people with disabilities can contribute their energy and expertise while staying safe. The dynamic SF Senior Beat online journal is one example. Stay tuned for more!
Matching Talent with Local Nonprofits That Need Help
We talk with so many older adults and people with disabilities who want to find work and contribute to their communities. For some, this is imperative due to the high cost of living in San Francisco. But many aren’t sure where to look, or are hampered by ageism, ableism, and other barriers.
That’s where SF ReServe comes in. We’ve partnered with JobsNow!, Felton Institute’s SCSEP program, and PRC to form the Work Matters Coalition. We’re working together to create a continuum of employment assistance and placements for older adults and people with disabilities.
Launched in 2017, SF Reserve matches talented, skilled older adults and people with disabilities with paid part-time and project-based work at local nonprofits and other community-based organizations in San Francisco. It’s a win-win! Organizations get the affordable and skilled help they need, while older workers and adults with disabilities get to put their experience and enthusiasm toward great causes.
Whether you’re looking for work or looking to hire, SF ReServe is here to help.
Are You Looking for Employment?
If you are older than 60 years of age or an adult of any age living with a disability, you are eligible to apply for SF ReServe positions.
- Online Sales to support championing free access to information, resources and opportunities for all San Franciscans
- Administrative Assistant with private foundation (On hold during Shelter in Place)
- Support Teacher’s Assistant with child education program
- Preschool Art Coordinator with full-day center
- Facilities Lead for environmentally-focused non-profit (On hold during Shelter in Place)
- Program Assistant for Forum, Network and Resource for the Challenges of an Aging Society
- Information & Referral Specialist, supporting LGBTQ communities
Does Your Organization Need Help?
San Francisco’s ReServe program is ready to get nonprofits and community-focused small businesses the help you need – efficiently and affordably.
Is your organization interested in potentially hiring a ReServist? Learn more about how the program works.
Ready to get started? Fill out the Partner Inquiry Form and we’ll match your organization’s specific needs to job seekers experience.